Warning: Zend OPcache API is restricted by "restrict_api" configuration directive in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/lawslookup/public/wp-content/plugins/tubepress/vendor/tedivm/stash/src/Stash/Driver/FileSystem.php on line 253
Asbestos Workers Compensation Injury Law
Am I eligible for workers’ compensation for asbestos exposure? Will my recovery in a civil lawsuit against the manufacturer of asbestos products affect my workers compensation claim for asbestos disease? Do I get to keep all the benefits?
Workers’ compensation is only one way in which you can recover for asbestos exposure. You would institute a workers’ compensation case against your employer; however, there are other parties who may also be liable to you for the exposure.
Asbestos manufacturers and suppliers as well as the manufacturers of ineffective safety equipment have been held liable for asbestos exposure and the resulting damages. In addition, your family members, such as your spouse, may be able to institute an action for damages for loss of your companionship and damage to the relationship, loss of economic benefit and opportunity, and emotional distress.
Any recovery you or your family makes in a civil case should not affect the amount of your workers’ compensation benefits. In each case, you are being compensated for different types of liability or different types of damages.
Read more for related video clips.
YouTube responded with an error: The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your <a href="/youtube/v3/getting-started#quota">quota</a>.
- jurisdictional amount
- National Visa Center NVC
- credit report
- private mortgage insurance PMI
- Debt Collection Arbitration: Are Debtors Really Getting Fair Treatment?
- De Common Law Marriage – Can a couple become legally married by living together as man and wife under delaware’s laws?
- Ianoparentalconsent – What is the age without parental consent in iowa?
- My divorce lawyer’s firm has been doing legal work for my spouse’s company. What can I do?
- What happens in developing a Chapter 11 bankruptcy plan?