chapter-13-and-being-laid-off consumer bankruptcy
I’m in a Chapter 13 plan and I was just laid off. What will happen?
Usually, the court will convert the Chapter 13 to a Chapter 7. In some cases the case might be dismissed, especially if the court believes the layoff was voluntary. It’s possible, but extremely unlikely, that you could get a “hardship discharge” if you were near the end of the plan and the unemployment rate was high in your area.
Read more for related video clips.
We uses YouTube API Services.
- What is required to get a copyright?
- close corporation
- Does the federal government recognize trade secret protection?
- Top Analysts Tell Supreme Court That FDA Cannot Protect Consumers
- I have no property or assets to turn over to the trustee. Can I still file?
- surviving spouse’s trust
- Brain Injury: Conditions & Common Causes
- Amputation: Causes and Resources